When The Wall Is Built

When I started this blog, I had one main goal in mind: build a wall. Like the prophet Nehemiah, I was taking up a challenge that I felt had been given to me by God, and I was going to work intentionally to complete it. So Nehemiah built his wall and I wrote my blog.

Now, it's been 40 days. The question everyone had been asking is... what now?

When Nehemiah finished building his wall, he celebrated. Then... he worked to help bring the Israelites back to their God. Because the wall wasn't entirely about physical protection, it was also about giving the Israelites back their dignity as God's chosen people. Metaphorically put, he built the wall and now he had to maintain it.

So I will learn from Nehemiah's example; I will maintain my wall. I don't believe I will be posting daily, but I hope to do about every other day. Maybe more, we'll see.

Because tasks like this are a reflection of our faith: when things are going well, you can't slack off. You can't back down. Push forward, and you'll be the stronger for it.

Let's keep this wall solid!



(For more info on Nehemiah and why I decided to start this blog, you can click on the "What Is The Nehemiah Challenge?" tab.)

Comments

  1. Jessica. I don't have words to say how proud I am of you. Thanks for being willing to shine your light, to use your gifts and to press on into the adventure he has given for you. I am glad to build with you. I'll keep my sword in one hand and build with the other as we try and be faithful followers of the one who called us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts