Face the Son

I long for a thousand things that will never fill my restless heart.  Like shadows thrown across the wall, my desires fade and flicker, lacking any substance of their own.  I am an unfaithful lover, chasing after others and refusing to do what I know is right.

Be still, my heart, be still and know.  Know that He is God.  Know that only He will satisfy.  Know that only He is enough, that He is more than enough, that He is hurt by the way I hurt myself.  Know that He has pronounced me worthwhile and valuable.

But do more than just know it, believe it.

Believe it with all your heart and mind and soul.  Believe it on good days, on bad days, on the days when you struggle to face yourself in the mirror, and on days when you feel more alive than you had ever imagined possible.  Believe it like you believe the sun will rise tomorrow.  Believe it with every inch of your living being.

Because only when you have fixed your heart on something true and whole and give it to One who is love Himself, only then do all your other desires fade in comparison.  Only then does your heart start to heal.  Only when you look to the Son, do the shadows you once tried so hard to grasp begin to fall behind you.

Comments

Popular Posts