No Inspiration

I was recently inspired by my lack of inspiration.

I know that doesn't make sense, but let me explain.  I was preparing to write my post for the day, racking my brain for ideas, but nothing was coming.  Nothing as in, I was drawing a complete and total blank.  As I tried desperately to think of status quos or misunderstood doctrine I could comment on, I was suddenly halted by a thought.

I have no inspiration.

Let me say that again: I have no inspiration.

I mean, isn't that amazing.  I live in a world of some 8 billion people, each with different appearances and personalities.  There were trillions of others who lived before them and probably many more who will live after them and no two will ever be exactly alike.  And yet, the code that creates each of these living, breathing humans begins as a combination of only four kinds of proteins.

I live in the same world as the platypus.  As well as looking like the offspring of a beaver crossed with a duck, the platypus secretes a poisonous venom and sweats milk.  It is also a mammal, but it lays eggs.

I live in a world created with the perfect gas combination, atmosphere, and resources to support life.  It's a world with the Northern Lights, butterflies, carnivorous plants, and bird-eating spiders.  The sun rises every single morning and sets every single night with scientific precision, not to mention it's usually pretty darn beautiful as well.

And I serve the God who created these things.  The God of fireflies and starlight and volcanos and lightening.  The God of the entire planet, the entire solar system, the entire galaxy... and every other galaxy, known or unknown.

I can speak to Him at a moments notice.  His Son died so that I could be in a relationship with Him.  The God of polar bears and lady bugs and tsunamis and roses wrote me a love letter and He must have had a lot to say because it's 66 books long.  He has put a song in my heart and a banner over me that declares His love.  He has ransomed my life so that not even the power of death can overcome me.

He has promised me eternity.

So I have to ask myself: Who am I, if that doesn't inspire me?

Comments

Popular Posts