Pounding Heaven's Doors

Tonight, dear reader, we are going to take the next step in our relationship.

Whenever I write, know that I feel as though I am speaking to you in particular, not to a group of people but to an individual person.  I am constantly thinking how I can take what God is teaching me and make it most relatable to me.  When I look at the life of Paul, I realize that in many of his letters he was doing the same thing that I do here: giving spiritual advice and encouragement to a group of people whom he loved because they were his brothers and sisters in Christ.

But there is another thing that Paul did in his letter that I am yet to do, and so today I am going to do it.  I believe that it will bring us closer, make this a more open relationship.

Today, I am going to ask you to pray for me, just as Paul did.  James says, "The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."  How much more effective, then, would be the prayer of several righteous people.

To get you started, here are a few prayer requests:
-That I navigate the new relationships I am making at college with wisdom and that the Lord is the center of all of them.
-That I adjust to living and learning in a university environment rather than in my traditional one.
-That the Lord helps to give me peace in times of homesickness.

Know that your prayers are heard by God and much appreciated by me.  If there is ever anything I can pray for you about, please tell me and I would be happy to return the favor.  Let's pound on heaven's doors for one another.

Comments

Popular Posts