When Fear Becomes Flippant

The past few days I've sat down to write my blog, looked down at the keyboard, and thought with slight frustration, "I don't want to do this today."  Then I roll my proverbial eyes, buckle down, and ask God: "Okay, what do you want me to say today?"

I'm certain God is getting tired of this behavior.  If he's not, I certainly am.  I mean, I'm talking to the Lord of Creation in a tone my mother wouldn't even let me get away with.  When did I lose my sense of awe over how He could use me?  When did I forget all that He has done for me?  When did "fear of the Lord" turn in to "flippancy with the Lord"?

Tonight, I want to stand in awe of all that the Lord is and all that He has in store for me.

Tonight, I want to feel a sense of stunned humility that He would use me to reach out to others.

Tonight, I want to be overwhelmed by the fact that the great, powerful, and almighty Lord not only considers me, but calls me friend and meets me where I am.

Tonight, I will dwell in all that He is and all that He does, both through me and without me.

And tomorrow, when I sit down to write my blog, I will bow with reverence before the Lord and ask with a humble attitude, "Lord, what do you want to say through me today?"

Comments

Popular Posts