The Pinnacle

The sun rises each morning.  The sun sets each evening.  Since the beginning of time, these two events have taken place every single day (with the possible exception of one biblical miracle).  And yet, you do not looks at the sunrise or the sunset and think that it is ugly.

Look at the world that I have designed.  The complexity of it.  The simplicity of it.  It's efficiency and the attention to detail.

Look at the elegance of the rose, the strength of the eagle.  Even the things you dislike have a certain beauty about them.  Take, for example, the insects.  Do you not see the patience with which the spider waits in her web?  Do you not see the diligence with which the ant works to help his colony?

You notice the majesty of the mountains, the might of the thunderstorm, and the serenity of the gentle breeze that caresses your face.  But above all this, above each and every point of creation, the diversity of the animals and the beauty of the landscapes.  Of all these things, there is one that I am most proud of, one point that is the pinnacle of my creation.  There is one creature that I created in my image, one with whom I shared my breath.

In every way, you are beautifully and wonderfully made.  I created you to be exactly the way I intended.  Nothing about you is a mistake or the result of chance.  You are my pride and joy, the part of my creation I set aside as my best work.

When you look in the mirror and call yourself ugly, it breaks my heart.  When you hate your personality, the sound of your voice, your little quirks, and your preferences, I only wish you could see yourself through my eyes.  I only wish you could begin to grasp the love I feel for you.  The next time you look in the mirror or are tempted to feel inadequate, know this:

Everything I create is perfect.  And you?  You are mine.

Comments

Popular Posts