Gravity

Shhh.... I have a secret to tell you.  Lean in closer, I'll whisper it into your ear.

More often than not, the things I write about aren't topics I am an expert on.  They aren't challenges I've faced and overcome with flying colors.  Generally, they're things I'm struggling through that day.  They're things I'm working out in my own life, in my own ways.

I'm not perfect.  I'm not even close.  I've just been blessed with the ability to take my own frustration and pain and turn it into words.

But today... today I'm not sure what to say.  It's not because today has been a day in which I struggled with nothing.  It's because today has been a day in which I chose to co-exist with my problems rather than fight them, in which I gave up before I opened my eyes, and in which I simply allowed myself to float along as the hours past.

So this is my confession: God gave me today and I wasted it.

Maybe it's the dull headache or the bug I'm getting over.  Maybe it's the fact that I'm a pre-spring break senior.  Maybe it's just because tomorrow is Monday.

Each of those things has one factor in common, though: they are all invalid excuses.  They're half-hearted attempts to excuse my half-hearted behavior.  They only succeed in saying, "I do not care that I do not care."

Instead, I chose to look back and rather than make excuses, admit that I wasted today.  I will own up to the fact that I did not meet my full potential.  I am not afraid to say I have fallen short of doing everything for the glory of God.

Do not mistake my confession for sadness, though.  Even after looking back at the nothing I have done today, I still have hope.  My hope comes from the fact that, God willing, I will have tomorrow.  I will have the next decision.  I will have the next moment.

Because each instant that I am given is an opportunity to seek the Lord's face.  The regrets of a moment ago cannot hold me back when the gravity of Eternity is pulling me forward.

 "He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!' Then he said, 'Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.'" -Revelation 21:5

Comments

Popular Posts